Jump to navigation Jump to search
ICube Pôle API, 300, Boulevard Sébastien Brant CS 10413 F 67412 Illkirch Cedex
Office: C117 Tel: +33 (0)3 68 85 45 67 e-mail: sauvage AT unistra.fr
- Associate professor of computer science, Université de Strasbourg
- Leader of the CS group at IREM of Strasbourg (Research institute for teaching mathematics)
- President of AFIG (french learned society for computer graphics)
- Member of the executive board of SIF (french learned society for computer science), assistant vice president for education
- Member of the scientific board of GdR IG-RV (CNRS research group for computer graphics, virtual reality, and visualization)
- President of the expert committee, CS department, UFR de mathématique et d’informatique
- Teaching manager, CS department , UFR de mathématique et d’informatique
- January 2023: our paper "Preserving the autocovariance of texture tilings using importance sampling" has been accepted to Eurographics 2023.
- January 2023: Le Vaisseau inaugurated its new exhibition about AI. We collaborated through a scientific mediation project funded by the IdEx Université et Cité. See the news from the faculty and the DNA.
- September 2022: our paper "Color-mapped noise vector fields for generating procedural micro-patterns" has been accepted to Pacific Graphics 2022. Awarded "Best Student Presentation". Awarded the Graphics Replicability Stamp.
- September 2022: Romain Fournier joins us for a PhD thesis. Welcome!
- May 2022: I published a series of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 videos (in french) dedicated to CS students, about asymptotic complexity calculus.
- March 2022: our paper "Gradient Terrain Authoring" has been accepted to Eurographics 2022.
- February 2022: Romain Fournier joins us for a 6 months internship. Welcome!
- January 2022: our educational paper "Émergence d’un leadership distribué pour la construction d’un enseignement" (french) has been accepted to AIPU 2022.
- January 2022: our educational paper (french) about CS unplugged activities related to binary trees has been published in Repères-IREM.
- January 2022: a popularization video (french) of our works about rendering of glints has been published by the university.
- November 2021: a short article (french) of our scientific mediation project for equal opportunities and gender equality in computer science has been published in 1024.
- November 2021: I am elected to the executive board of the Institut de recherche sur l'enseignement des mathématiques of Strasbourg (IREM).
- September 2021: the video (french) of our scientific mediation project for equal opportunities and gender equality in computer science is now available online.
- 2018 accreditation to supervise research (pdf, french)
- 2018 diploma for teaching skills in higher education
- since 2006 Associate Professor of Computer Science at the university of Strasbourg.
- Researcher at ICube laboratory (formerly LSIIT), Computational Geometry & Computer Graphics team.
- Teacher at the University of Strasbourg (Computer Science department, UFR Mathématique-Informatique).
- 2005-2006 Research and teaching assistant at the university Joseph Fourier, Grenoble.
- 2002-2005 Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics at INP-Grenoble (technological university), laboratoire de Modélisation et Calcul. Advisors: Stefanie Hahmann and Georges-Pierre Bonneau.
- 2002-2005 Teaching assistant at the INP-Grenoble.
- 2002 Master of Science degree (Applied Mathematics) from the university Joseph Fourier, Grenoble.
- 2002 Engineering master degree from ENSIMAG, Grenoble (engineering school in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science).
- Texture synthesis.
- Radiance and geometry: acquisition, reconstruction, treatment, visualization.
- Geometric modeling, multiresolution analysis, geometry processing.
- Lab repository (papers + supplemental material)
- Google Scholar
- 2020-2023 ReProcTex (ANR), leader
- 2019-2021 Idex Postdoc (University of Strasbourg), leader
- 2017-- ASTex (open source lib), scientific leader
- 2016-2020 HDWorlds (ANR)
- 2008-2010 ATROCO (ANR)
- Xavier Chermain (2019-2021, advisor). Subject: synthesis and rendering of complex procedural textures.
- Charline Grenier (2020-2023). Subject: procedural texture graphs for ray-tracing rendering.
- Nicolas Lutz (2017-2021). Subject: multi-channel procedural models for modelling virtual worlds.
- Geoffrey Guingo (2015-2019). Subject: synthesis of dynamic textures on deformable objects.
- Kenneth Vanhoey (2010-2014). Subject: joint treatment of geometry and radiance of 3D model digitization.
See my french homepage