Professor in Computer Science at University of Strasbourg
Researcher at ICube Lab.
Domain : Computer Graphics and Geometry
Key words : Geometric modeling, 3-D interaction in virtual reality
Current works :
- Free-form deformation : state of the art around Dogme,
- 3-D modeling : topological models and reconstruction of human organs,
- 3-D interaction in virtual reality.
Levels : Graduate (Bachelor) and post-graduate (Master) in Computer Science
- Algorithm and Programming
- Computer Graphics
- Geometry, Computational Geometry
- Geometric Modeling, Deformation and Animation, Virtual Reality.
A brief resume
Since 1996 : Professor in Computer Science at University of Strasbourg
- Head of National Research Group GdR IG-RV from 2014 till 2021
- Head of IGG Computer Graphics and Geometry research group from 1997 to 2022
- Head of master ISI Computer Science and Sciences of Image from 2009 to 2018
- Vice-Head of LSIIT Lab from 2009 to 2012
- Member of National Commission of the Universities CNU section 27 (computer science) from 2007 to 2011
- Head of recruiting committee CS section 27 of Strasbourg University from 2004 to 2008
- Head of Experts Comity in Computer Science at University of Strasbourg from 2010 to 2018
- Head of ICT-Asian project on virtual reality CNRS, INRIA, French Ministery of Foreign Affairs from 2004 to 2007
- Organizing AFIG-EG France 2005 in Strasbourg november 28-29-30, 2005 at IRCAD
- Head of Computer Science Departement, UFR Mathematic and Computer Science at Strasbourg University from 1997 to 2000
1990-96 : Associate Professor in Computer Scienceat University of Strasbourg
- In charge of the Master of Computer Science at University of Strasbourg from 1992 to 1997
1989-90 : Postdoc researcher at the Thomas Watson Research Center, Yorktown heights, IBM Corporation
1986-89 : Ph.D. student at the Centre Scientifique d'IBM France, Paris
December 13th, 1995 : Habilitation to supervise research at Strasbourg University on "Deformation model for geometric modeling and animation"
19 Juin 1989 : Ph.D thesis at Strasbourg University on "Definition and manipulation of free form surfaces"
1986 : Master of Science in Computer Graphics (Major) at Strasbourg University
Dominique BECHMANN ICube UMR 7357 CNRS - Université de Strasbourg
Pôle API BP 10413 300 Bd Sébastien Brant 67412 Illkirch cedex FRANCE
Bureau C110 Tel : +33 (0)3 18.104.22.168 Fax : +33 (0)3 22.214.171.124 Courriel : bechmann AT unistra.fr